Science B 050
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Please email email@example.com for all Science Stores’ inquiries, orders and pickup
No individual customer shopping for stock supplies; curb-side pick-up only.
- Submit Stores orders via email to Science Stores staff in the morning; include list of specific items you wish to purchase.
- Bring your IDB card with PIN when picking up supplies.
- Items to be picked up at Stores “window” during afternoon hours (1:00 – 3:30 pm); Plexiglas barrier will be used at window for safe guard. Doorbell in place to request service.
- Wear a mask.
Restrict hours for parcel pick up and received items to afternoon. Strict hours for Stores operation to allow COVID-safe protocols to be properly implemented.
- Store Hours - 8:30 am - 11:00 am and 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm will be strictly followed to allow fulfillment of other Store duties, such as shipping and receiving, sanitizing, stocking shelves, etc.
Liquid Nitrogen Dispensing
- No communal access permitted for liquid nitrogen fills.
- Stores staff to fill LN2 dewars in the morning (only).
- Utilize communal dewars for other departments to limit access to Stores (Geo, Bio, Eng.)
- Clients requiring LN2 will email Science Stores to arrange for a drop off time to avoid crowding of dewars. Dewars will be filled in the morning only and dropped off in front of Stores. Dewars must be properly labelled, indicating department and research group, if applicable. Pick up of filled dewars outside of Stores will be arranged by Stores staff and a timeslot for pickup indicated, with a 15 minutes window.
All orders placed by department members are entered into the university procurement system through the chemistry stores. Orders are placed using the "request for supplies, equipment or services" form. Forms are available in pads from in person or electronically. The requisition form may be completed by hand or using a word processor; please be neat in order to ensure your order is entered into the university system as accurately as possible. All order forms must be approved by the department ID or project budget owner. Once completed, the forms must be delivered to the chemistry stores.
Please review the University of Calgary supply chain management policy. Departments and faculties are required to use the approved procurement processes in their purchasing activities.
Purchase orders are issued by Supply Chain Management (SCM) to a supplier for the acquisition of goods and services subject to standard terms and conditions. SCM encourages the use of preferred suppliers to procure goods or services. Budget owners will receive a copy of the purchase order and are responsible for following up with suppliers on delayed orders.
The university employs a procurement card program to streamline the procurement process for acquiring low risk and low dollar purchases of goods and services. The PCard should also be used for specialized goods from new vendors that are not a university preferred supplier. The use of the PCard for these types of purchases eliminates the necessity of generating purchase orders and can reduce the associated administrative costs by 75 per cent. Information on how to obtain a PCard can be found here.
All counter sales must be processed through an interdepartmental billing (IDB) payment card. Each card is attached to a University of Calgary project number (i.e. one project, one card). Project holders must request IDB cards through research accounting.
The Department of Chemistry reserves the right to limit sales to any customers. The chemistry stores may provide dry ice and small amounts of goods, chemicals and specialty glassware to outside departments. University and funding agency regulations may restrict the sale of certain stock items to external clients (e.g. gas cylinders, stationery, cleaning and safety supplies).
No cash or manual sales are permitted.
Any concerns or comments must be directed to the Sarah Amery, the manager of administrative services.
Liquid nitrogen is dispensed from the chemistry stores between 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.. Management falls under the responsibility of the Science Workshop.
Distribution services offers off campus shipping through chemistry stores. A supply chain management shipping request form must accompany outgoing shipments. The SCM service request forms are located at my.ucalgary.ca. A full description of the contents must be given with your request. Print a copy of the completed form for delivery to the chemistry stores along with your shipment.
All incoming shipments to the department are received through the chemistry stores. Once received, shipments are matched to orders and department members are contacted immediately.