Associate Professor (Teaching)
Department of Chemistry
- CHEM 351 - Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 559 - Organic Spectroscopy
- CHEM 353 - Organic Chemistry II
Research and teaching
- Chemical education - how to teach chemistry, especially organic chemistry, effectively, what is effective?
- The mechanisms by which Lewis acids coordinate and hence promote reactions such as the Diels-Alder reaction, with a view to using this knowledge to improve the efficiency of catalytic (asymmetric) processes.
- Physical organic chemistry, mechanisms of Lewis acid catalysed reactions, Diels-Alder reactions, pericyclic reactions