The instrumentation facility is located in rooms SB 134, SB 132, SB 033, SB 034, SB 038, SB 040, EEEL 032A and EEEL 210.
Before a new student or researcher can use an instrument, they must attend a proper training session offered by the instrumentation facility staff. Training sessions for NMR, EPR, FT-IR and GC-MS are scheduled on a demand basis (either in small groups or one-on-one). Please contact Dr. Michelle Forgeron directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about and schedule instrument training sessions.
Only certified users are permitted to reserve time slots for NMR instruments. To receive certification, you must first be trained and tested by Michelle. Once certified, NMR time slots can be booked on all of our NMR systems using the on-line Faces booking system. If you have accessibility issues with your Faces account, please contact Dr. Michelle Forgeron directly at email@example.com.
Please note that:
- Users can only book time slots within 24 hours of the anticipated usage.
- Users can only book one daytime, one evening and one overnight time slot.
- Users are allowed to delete their own online bookings.
- If a user requires additional NMR time that exceeds their booking permissions, instrumentation facility staff can override permissions and book additional time for the user.
- All users must first be trained and tested by Michelle Forgeron
- If users have accessibility issues with their Faces accounts, they can contact Michelle Forgeron or Instrumentation Facility staff