Helen Ai He
M.Sc., Computer Science
B.Sc., Computer Science
CPSC 583: Introduction to Information Visualization
CPSC 601.xx: Technology Design for Diversity and Inclusion
Research and teaching
- Social computing
- Inclusive design
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Computer-Supported Cooperative Work
At the C3 Lab, we explore the design of human-centered technologies to bridge (C)ultural barriers, improve (C)ollaboration, and build (C)ommunity. On a high-level, our lab aims to tackle timely high-impact societal problems, by drawing on multidisciplinary approaches at the intersection of computer science, psychology, media art and cultural anthropology.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) are key focuses of this work. The solutions we develop aim to embrace and leverage the benefits of diversity, rather than being hindered by its challenges. Our goal is to design socially conscious, technological solutions that can benefit social good.
Our team works on three application areas:
(1) Collaboration systems to overcome cultural barriers in distributed work teams,
(2) Re-designing social media technologies to address loneliness and isolation and
(3) Empowering the public with open data and visualizations.