Before leaving for the field the trip leader (i.e. course coordinator or instructor) must complete the following steps 10 business days in advance of your trip:
- Complete the Field Level Hazard Assessment (FLHA) and a Field Activity Communication Plan (FACP).
- Submit the above documents for initial review to email@example.com.Please insert your course subject and number (i.e. GLGY 337) in the subject line.
- Feedback and/or a request for further details (as appropriate) will be requested to ensure this documentation is completed and thorough.
- Once documentation requirements have been satisfied, the reviewer will respond, forwarding documents to the department head with a recommendation for final approval.
- All field schools must have a safety briefing at least one day before departure and the approved FLHA and FACP should be provided to each student.
- All students need to sign/acknowledge the field course specific Informed Consent form and Field School Contract.
- An onsite hazard assessment should be done at the start of each day in the field to identify and address any new hazards that may exist. This meeting MUST be recorded and all students/staff must sign/acknowledge participation in the daily onsite briefing.
- For international field schools and trip please contact Study Abroad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Important Information:
- If you should need to report an illness, injury or accident in the field, contact security at (403) 220-3555 as soon as possible and fill out an incident report OARS online at ucalgary.ca/risk/environment-health-safety/report-incident/submit-oars-report.
- For driving authorization please follow instructions on this site: ucalgary.ca/risk/risk-management-insurance/drivingvehicles