Research and teaching
- Quantum information science
- Foundations of quantum mechanics
- Thermodynamics of black holes
- Currently accepting graduate students for Ph.D. and Masters program.
- Currently accepting undergraduate students for research projects.
- Currently seeking to hire postdoctoral fellows.
Please contact me by email for more information.
Gilad Gour received B.Sc. degrees (1996) in mathematics and physics from the Hebrew University, and a M.Sc. (1998) and PhD (2002) from the Racah Institute of Physics, at the Hebrew University, Israel. He is currently a professor at the University of Calgary, Department of Mathematics & Statistics. Gilad is also a faculty member of the Institute for Quantum Science and Technology at the university of Calgary, and an adjunct professor at the Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Calgary. Gilad's research interests are quantum Shannon theory, entanglement theory and resource theories, foundations of quantum mechanics, quantum error corrections, and quantum secret sharing.
For a complete list of documents, presentations and publications, please visit the archival IQST website.
- 2017 - The 2017 First and Second Year Dinner Teaching Excellence Award, University of Calgary
- 2015 - Faculty of Science Early Career Research Excellence Award