Research and teaching
- Functional analysis
- C*-dynamical systems
- Non-self-adjoint operator algebras
- Noncommutative Geometry
- Mathematics of wave propagation and seismic imaging
- Numerical methods and applications to geophysics
- Numerical PDEs
- Jupyter notebooks for teaching and research
Da Li (PhD)
Kieran Li (PhD)
RJ Vestrum (MSc)
Heather Hardeman (PhD - completed 2019)
Ebarhim Gandepour (PDF - completed 2018)
Hormoz Izadi (PhD - Geoscience, 2020)
Pooyan Shrivani Ghomi (PhD - completed 2015)
Ryan Hamilton (PDF - completed 2014)
Ben Wards (PhD - Geoscience)
Vladimir Zubov (PDF - completed 2014)
Books and book chapters
- G.F. Margrave, M.P. Lamoureux, Numerical Methods of Exploration Seismology, Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- M.P. Lamoureux, Using Syzygy, an eBook on the use of the Syzygy computational service. Published online by PIMS. http://intro.syzygy.ca, 2016.
- P.C. Gibson, M.P. Lamoureux, G.F. Margrave, Representation of Linear Operators by Gabor Multipliers, in "Excursions in Harmonic Analysis: The February Fourier Talks at the Norbert Wiener Center," Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis, Birkhauser, 2013.
- H. Feichtinger, B.Helffer, M. Lamoureux, N. Lerner, J. Toft, Pseudo-Differential Operators, Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol 1949, 2008.
- E. Ghaderpour, W. Liao, M.P. Lamoureux, Antileakage least squares spectral analysis for data regularization and random noise attenuation, Geophysics, 2018, Volume 83, no.3, pp. V157-V170.
- P.C. Gibson, M.P. Lamoureux, Constructive solutions to Polya-Shur problems, Journal of Functional Analysis, 2015, Volume 269, Iss. 10, pp. 3264–3281.
- M. Anton, M.P. Lamoureux, 3D printing of mathematical objects, Pi in the Sky, 2015, Issue 19.
- M.P. Lamoureux, Sweet sixteen - a mathematician’s view, Pi in the Sky, 2015, Issue 18.
- M.P. Lamoureux, Outer functions and the real world, Canadian Mathematical Society Notes, 2012, Volume 44, No. 1.
- P.C. Gibson, M.P. Lamoureux, Identification of minimum-phase-preserving linear operators on the half-line, Inverse Problems 2012, Volume 28 No. 6.
- P.C. Gibson, M.P. Lamoureux, G.F. Margrave, Outer preserving linear operators, Journal of Functional Analysis, Volume 261, Issue 9, 2011 November, pp. 2656 -- 2668.
- D. Zhang, M.P. Lamoureux, G.F. Margrave, E. Cherkaev, Rational approximation for estimation of quality Q factor and phase velocity in linear, viscoelastic, isotropic media, Computational Geosciences, Volume 15, Issue 1, 2011 January, pp. 117 -- 133.
- G.F. Margrave, M.P. Lamoureux, D. C. Henley, Gabor deconvolution: Estimating reflectivity by nonstationary deconvolution of seismic data, Geophysics, Volume 76, 2011 May, pp. 15 -- 30.
- D. Zhang, E. Cherkaev, M.P. Lamoureux, Stieltjes representation of the 3D Bruggeman effective medium and Pade approximation, Applied Mathematics and Computations, Volume 217, Issue 17, 2011 May, pp. 7092 -- 7107.
- M.E. Potter, M. Lamoureux, M.D. Nauta, An FDTD scheme on a face-centered-cubic (FCC) grid for the solution of the wave equation, Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 230, Issue 15, 2011 May, pp. 6169 -- 6183.
- A.P. Lamoureux, M.P. Lamoureux, M.P., Primes from Fractions, PIMS: Pi in the Sky, 2010, Issue 14, pp. 8-11.
- M.P. Lamoureux, Euler, infinite sums, and the zeta function, PIMS: Pi in the Sky, 2008, issue 11, pp. 16--18.
- M.P. Lamoureux, J. Mingo, On the characteristic polynomial of the almost Mathieu operator, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 2007, vol. 135, no. 10, pp. 3205--3215.
- P.C. Gibson, M.P. Lamoureux, G.F. Margrave, Stockwell and Wavelet Transforms, Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications, Vol 12 No 6, 2006 December, pp 713-721.
- C. Hogan, G.F. Margrave, M.P. Lamoureux, Stabilizing explicit w-x migration using locally WKBJ operators, Journal of Seismic Exploration 2006, vol 15, no 3, pp 273-283.
- G.F. Margrave, H.D. Geiger, S. Al-Saleh, M.P. Lamoureux, Improving explicit seismic depth migration with a stabilizing Wiener filter and spatial resampling, Geophysics 2006, Volume 71, S111-S120.
- Margrave, G. F., Geiger, H. D., Al-Saleh, S. M., Lamoureux, M. P., 2005, A stable, accurate, and efficient approach to explicit depth migration, CSEG Recorder, 30, no. 9 (2005 September), pp. 22-26.
- P.C. Gibson, M.P. Lamoureux, 2004, Maximally symmetric, minimally redundant partitions of unity in the plane, C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Soc. R. Can. 26 , no. 3, pp. 65--72.
- Akers, B., Bohun, S., Gibson, P., Hofinger, A., Lamoureux, M., Lobb, J., Mawby, B., Roberts, M., 2004, General statistical design of an experimental problem for harmonics, Canadian Applied Mathematics Quarterly 2004 Vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 415--437.
- M.P. Lamoureux, Seismic image analysis using local spectra, Canadian Applied Mathematics Quarterly, 2005, Vol. 13, No. 3, 235-248.
- Aggarwala, Rita and Lamoureux, Michael. Folding distributions for order statistics 33.2 2004. 309 - 320.
- Aggarwala, Rita and Lamoureux, Michael. Moments of Order Statistics From Even to Odd Sample Sizes 33.2 2004. 293 - 308.
- Aggarwala, Rita and Lamoureux, Michael. Inverting the Pascal matrix plus one 109.4 2002.
- Margrave, Gary, Ferguson, R. J. and Lamoureux, Michael. Approximate Fourier integral wavefield extrapolators for heterogeneous, anisotropic media 10.2 2002.
- Aggarwala, Rita, Lamoureux, Michael and Powojowski, M. . Statistical design in tire manufacturing 10.2 2002. 179-197.
- Donsig, Allan P., Hopenwasser, Alan , Hudson, Timothy D., Lamoureux, Michael and Solel, Baruch . Meet irreducible ideals in direct limit algebras 87.1 2000. 27-63.
- Lamoureux, Michael. Reflections on the almost Mathieu operator 28.1 1997.
- Lamoureux, Michael. The topology of ideals in some triangular AF-algebras 37.1 1997.
- Lamoureux, Michael. Ideals in some continuous nonselfadjoint crossed product algebras 142.1 1996. 211-248.
- Lamoureux, Michael. Nest representations and dynamical systems 114.2 1993. 467-492.
- Lamoureux, Michael. Analytic automorphisms of a field of compacts 28.1 1992. 79-91.
- Lamoureux, Michael. Analytic isomorphisms of transformation group C*-algebras 42.4 1990.
- Lamoureux, Michael. The Poorman's transformation on Hilbert space 12.6 1990.
- Lamoureux, Michael and Wolkowicz, H. . Numerical decomposition of a convex function 47.1 1985. 51-64.
- Ghaderpour, Ebrahim, Liao, Wenyuan, Lamoureux, Michael, Li, Da and Pagiatakis, Spiros D. Anti-leakage least-squares spectral analysis for data regularization 2017.
Journal articles - peer reviewed
- Ghaderpour, Ebrahim, Liao, Wenyuan and Lamoureux, Michael. "Antileakage least-squares spectral analysis for seismic data regularization and random noise attenuation". Geophysics 83.3 (2018): V157-V170. Print.