David Wesley Hobill
PhD - Physics
MSc - Physics
BSc - Physics
- PHYS 609 - Advanced Classical Mechanics
- PHYS 613 - Electrodynamics
Research and teaching
- Binary Star Systems
- Black Holes
- Computational Astrophysics
- Gravitational Lensing
Dr. Hobill was first appointed an Instructor II at the University of Calgary in 1991. In 1994 he was appointed Assistant Professor, and in 1996 was promoted to Associate Professor. Dr. Hobill serves on the department's Head's Advisory Committee, and Graduate Affairs Committee, as well as sitting on several professional committees.
- Hobill, David Wesley, Kollar, J. and Pulwicki, Julia. "Gravitational Lensing in Compact Binary Systems" Short Period Binary Stars: Observations, Analyses, and Results Ed. Milone, Eugene, Leahy, Denis Alan and Hobill, David Wesley Springer-Verlag, Dordrecht, 2008. 63-84. Print.
- Burke, J. and Hobill, David Wesley. "New Physically Realistic Solutions for Charged Fluid Spheres". Classical and Quantum Gravity, (2010). Print.
- Briet, J. and Hobill, David Wesley. "Determining the Dimensionality of Spacetime by Gravitational Lensing". Physical Review D, (2010). Print.
- Hobill, David Wesley and Pulwicki, Julia. "Gravitational Lensing around Slowly Rotating Magnetized Black Holes". General Relativity and Gravitation, (2009). Print.
- Hobill, David Wesley and Kemp, T.. "A Computational Grid for Colliding Black Holes". General Relativity and Gravitation, (2009). Print.
- Hobill, David Wesley and Guo, W.. "Cosmology without Dark Energy: Weyl Curvature Solutions". Canadian Journal of Physics 86.4 (2008): 571-577. Print.