Department of Physics and Astronomy
PhD - Physics
University of British Columbia, 1980
MSc - Physics
University of British Columbia, 1976
BSc - Physics
University of Waterloo, 1975
- ASTR 207 - Intro To Astr I-The Solar System
- ASPH 509 - High Energy Astrophysics and Cosmology
Research and teaching
- High Energy Astrophysics
- Physics of Compact Objects
- Radio Pulsars
- Supernova Remnants
- X-Ray Astronomy
- X-Ray Binaries and X-Ray Pulsars
Professional and Academic Affiliations
- Canadian Astronomical Society
- American Astronomical Society
- International Astronomical Union
- Sigma Xi
- Leahy, Denis and Tian, Wenwu. "High-velocity "H I is not Associated with the TeV Supernova Remnant W51C"". The Astrophysical Journal Letters 769.1 (2013): 6 pp.. Print.
- Leahy, Denis and Hassan, Mohammed. "Joint Suzaku and XMM-Newton Spectral Analysis of the Southwest Cygnus Loop". The Astrophysical Journal 764.1 (to appear): 10 pp.. Print.
- Ouyed, Rachid, Leahy, Denis, Kostka, Mathew, Koning, N. and Steffen, W.. "Quark nova imprint in the extreme supernova explosion SN 2006gy". Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 423.2 (2013): pp. 1652-1662. Print.
- Leahy, Denis and Green, Kaylie S.. "Discovery of X-Ray Emission from and Distance to the Supernova Remnant G84.2-0.8". Discovery of X-Ray Emission from and Distance to the Supernova Remnant G84.2-0.8 760.1 (2012): 6 pp.. Print.
- Leahy, Denis and Igna, Ciprian D.. "Light-curve dip production through accretion stream-accretion disc impact in the HZ Her/Her X-1 binary star system". Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 425.1 (2012): pp. 8-20. Print.
- Leahy, Denis, Onić, D, Urošević, D and Arbutina, B. "On the Existence of "Radio Thermally Active" Galactic Supernova Remnants". The Astrophysical Journal 756.1 (2012): 11 pp. Print.
- Leahy, Denis and Ranasinghe, S.. "Radio observations of CTB80: detection of the snowplough in an old supernova remnant". Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 423.1 (2012): pp. 718-724. Print.