Mitacs funding through Globalink Research Award Program
The University of Calgary has partnered with Mitacs to provide funding through the Globalink program for senior undergraduate, graduate (Masters or PhD) and postdoctoral fellows from the University of Calgary to take part in international research opportunities. The award is worth $6,000 CAD for research placements of 12-24 weeks.
- Research placements of 12-24 weeks are eligible. A minimum of 75% of your placement must be spent at the host institution, but the other 25% can be spent at your home institution.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international students are all eligible for this program.
- Funding is available for UCalgary students and postdocs to go abroad, and for international students and postdocs to come to Calgary.
- The GRA supports travel and research from or to Canada with universities in Brazil, China, France, Germany, Israel, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Singapore, Tunisia, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Step 1: Check your eligibility.
Step 2: Secure your supervisors. You require a supervisor at your home institution as well as one from your host institution. Talk with your faculty for advice on locating research opportunities.
Step 3: Begin the application process:
- Outbound UCalgary students and postdoctoral scholars
- Inbound international students and postdoctoral scholars
Step 4: Obtain signatures and documents, and then submit your full application package to Heather Clitheroe at email@example.com
Applications are reviewed and processed quickly by Mitacs, but you need to leave enough time to make travel plans, including arranging for necessary visas or study permits, booking travel, and setting up housing.
You can apply at any time of year for Globalink Research Award – the program is flexible. For research placements starting in May or June, you should plan to submit your application in February.
For questions and application advice, please contact Heather Clitheroe, the Faculty of Science International Coordinator.