Biological Sciences: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Equity Committee, Department of Biological Sciences
- Established Nov 2020
The goal of this committee is to foster the improvement of equity within the department of Biological Sciences by:
- Providing support for individuals to report incidents of inequity to the Faculty/University.
- Providing education and raising awareness to the Department of Biological Sciences about Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) related issues and concerns.
- Making suggestions to the departmental leadership about how to improve EDI practices within Biological Sciences.
Activities and Accomplishments
Currently we are working on:
- Creating and promoting support for the reporting process within Biological Sciences.
- Creating a seminar series for discussions about EDI within Biological Sciences.
- Identifying the systemic and more personal areas of EDI concern within Biological Sciences