Excellence is a key value within our Faculty. On a daily basis, students, faculty, and staff demonstrate excellence in their learning, teaching, research, service, leadership, and initiative.
The six ways in which the Faculty of Science recognizes excellence are through the:
- Dean's List, which acknowledges students whom have achieved outstanding academic standing.
- Faculty Awards of Excellence, which award faculty contributions to our faculty.
- Graduate Student Awards of Excellence, which recognize graduate students who have demonstrated excellence in graduate student teaching, or written and defended the best doctoral thesis in the Faculty of Science.
- Support and Research Staff Awards of Excellence, which celebrate all the hard work and dedication support and research staff make to the Faculty of Science.
- Leadership in Internationalization Awards of Excellence, which recognizes individuals who have shown leadership in one or more areas that contribute to the goals identified in the International Strategy of the University.
- Safety Award of Excellence, which acknowledges significant accomplishments promoting safety in the workplace, classroom instruction, or the development of safety awareness.
Faculty of Science Dean's List
The Faculty of Science Dean's List is compiled annually after the Winter Term. To qualify for the Dean's List, a student must achieve a grade point average of 3.60 or higher over all courses taken in the preceding Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter Sessions on a minimum of 24 units (4.0 full course equivalents).