Excellence is a key value within our Faculty. On a daily basis, students, faculty, and staff demonstrate excellence in their learning, teaching, research, service, leadership, and initiative.
The four ways in which the Faculty of Science recognizes excellence are through the:
- Dean's List, which acknowledges students whom have achieved outstanding academic standing.
- Faculty Excellence Awards, which awards faculty contributions to our faculty.
- Support and Research Staff Excellence Awards, which celebrates all the hard work and dedication support and research staff make to the Faculty of Science.
- Leadership in Internationalization Award, which recognizes individuals who have shown leadership in one or more areas that contribute to the goals identified in the International Strategy of the University.
- The Excellence in Safety Award, which acknowledges significant accomplishments promoting safety in the workplace, classroom instruction, or the development of safety awareness.
Faculty of Science Dean's List
The Faculty of Science Dean's List is compiled annually after the Winter Term. To qualify for the Dean's List, a student must achieve a grade point average of 3.60 or higher over all courses taken in the preceding Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter Sessions on a minimum of 24 units (4.0 full course equivalents).