Leadership at the intersection of business and science
Fuelled by research excellence, philanthropic leadership, and community partnerships, UCalgary is where people come to Start Something. We are a global leader at the intersection of business, science, and technology. We’re looking for bold leaders like you, with big ideas to drive our province’s bright future. Be part of Calgary’s entrepreneurial “can-do” spirit while developing your skills in leadership and technology innovation.
The Kennedy Scholars Program offers two prestigious scholarships for students entering the UCalgary Faculty of Science Bachelor of Computer Science program, followed by a Master of Management from the Haskayne School of Business.
Learn new skills
Gain critical technical and problem-solving skills through the Faculty of Science Bachelor of Computer Science - you will learn from world-leading experts in areas like cybersecurity, software development, game design, human-computer interaction, AI, UX design, and more. Then earn a Master of Management degree from the Haskayne School of Business. After you graduate, you’ll be ready to start a business or lead change in large corporations or public not-for-profit organizations!
$2.3M gift brings science and business together with prestigious new scholarship
Kennedy Scholars Program to recruit future tech leaders and help drive the new economy
As a Kennedy Scholar, you will experience educational opportunities on par with the best in North America, which will not only develop your technical and leadership skills but facilitate a successful career transition.
In addition to the scholarship money, Kennedy Scholars will receive:
- Access to a dedicated advisor as a first year scholar as well as additional support to apply to the to prestigious Scholars Academy.
- The opportunity to be selected into the “Scholars Advantage Community.” This residence connects academically high-achieving students with a community of peers, key resources on campus, and personal development opportunities .
- Leadership development opportunities, including invitations to participate in the student-led Academic Council.
- Regular professional networking opportunities, with participation from business and technology leaders both on and off campus.
- Summer internship and employment opportunities in technology-driven projects and ventures.
- Access to entrepreneurship-focused campus programs, including the Hunter Hub for Entrepreneurial Thinking, Launchpad, CDL-Rockies and Innovate Calgary. Automatic entry to the Master of Management program in the Haskayne School of Business (admission requirements will apply).