Advice on student or academic matters may be given by the Graduate Students' Association. Quite often, appeals can be avoided or handled better if the Association is consulted first. If you find there is a problem in your program, don't forget to consult with the professor or with your supervisor before continuing. If not satisfied, you may consult the Graduate Director and, if necessary, the Department Head. If all else fails, the final step is the Office of the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Before taking this step, it is a good idea to discuss the problem with the Graduate Students' Association in Room 350 in the MacEwan Student Centre. They can also advise you regarding appeals procedures.