Welcome to the Department of Computer Science. Use these pages to find the resources and information you need to help you navigate your career.
New Student Orientation & Workshops
Welcome letter - Use this to determine what to do upon arrival.
Information package - Use this to find out information about accounts, regulations, etc. which will help you in your first few weeks as a graduate student.
How to guide - This resource provides information and guides to administrative and career-related tasks.
Computer Science Graduate Society (CSGS): Don't forget to visit the CSGS website
Student Life - Click here to get an overview and find further information on studying and living in Calgary.
Help us help you:
- International students please keep your immigration status up-to-date. Please inform us as soon as you have updated your documents (study permit, social insurance, etc.) or immigration status (study permit to permanent resident)
- Please check your UCalgary email frequently for important notices and information.
- Please pay your fees on time. Even if you have a payment plan, you are responsible for paying your fees
- Be aware of important deadlines
- Complete and submit your annual progress report
- Masters (MSc) Thesis-based
- Masters (MSc) Thesis-based - Interdisciplinary
- Doctoral (PhD) Thesis-based
Current course offerings: View our current list of all Computer Science (CPSC) and Software Engineering (SENG) courses offered by the Department of Computer Science in the Faculty of Science.
We are committed to providing our full-time graduate students sufficient financial support, allowing them to pursue their educational goals. There are several sources available to help fund your career. For more information visit our fees and funding pages.
FAQs: Here you will find information and guides to administrative and career related tasks. Some topics covered are: determining fees owed or funding received, completing the annual progress report, setting up an examination, booking meeting rooms, etc.
If you have further questions or need more information about the rules and regulations that govern the department visit our policies page.