Faculty of Science students have a dedicated space thanks to the Students’ Union Quality Money Program.
The Science Collaborative Space (SCS) serves as a learning center and connection space that builds community and promotes relationship-building in the Faculty of Science.
A booking request submission does not guarantee a room booking. Events must be student-centered to be eligible to book the space. Events intended for or presented by the Faculty of Science students will be given priority. The Undergraduate Science Centre reserves the right to terminate a booking at any time.
The Science Collaborative Space is located in ST 142 on the main floor of Science Theaters, behind the lecture halls 140 and 148.
All students are free to use the SCS as a space to study, connect or relax. Full book-outs of the SCS are intended for science-related events.
Students can use the space during the following times:
- Fall and Winter terms: 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Spring and Summer terms: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Please note that these hours may be affected by events and space bookings.
The SCS includes closed meeting rooms, movable and fixed whiteboards, dedicated washrooms, a wide array of movable furniture, a functional podium, and much more!
- The Undergraduate Science Centre books the SCS out for Science meetings and events. If the space is unavailable, the booking will be clearly posted. Please respect these bookings and do not occupy the space when it is in use.
- The SCS is a shared space. Please ensure you clean up after yourself after using the space, including throwing away garbage, wiping down the whiteboards after use, and returning all used furniture or items to the location you found them.
- Staying overnight in the SCS is prohibited. Please respect the hours listed.