CHEM 201, 203, 209, 211, 213, 311, 315, 331, 333, 351, 353, 371, 373, 453, 471
Students wanting lab exemption from any of the above courses must meet the following requirements:
- Took the course at the University of Calgary.
- Completed all the labs within the last two academic years.
- Achieved an overall minimum mark of 75 per cent.
Students who are eligible can request a lab exemption by completing the appropriate form and submitting to the undergraduate program coordinator. The form can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the drop deadline.
- To opt out of a lab from a course that you are already registered in or to enrol in a course without the lab, please use this form.
The undergraduate program coordinator will process the lab exemption and notify the appropriate instructor with the student’s grade. The lab grade achieved on the previous attempt will be carried forward.
Opt out forms must be received before the drop deadline date.
We are not able to approve or process lab exemption requests past the drop deadline.
Please check with the the undergraduate program coordinator if you require further information or if you do not know your lab mark.
- Students registered in CHEM 201 can use their lab grade from CHEM 211. Students registered in CHEM 203 can use their lab grade from CHEM 213.
- Students who are lab exempt are still responsible for the laboratory content. The content may appear on exams or assignments.
- CHEM 515, 555 and 575 cannot be exempted.